Call for Awards Nominations
ASTMH seeks nominations for the following awards and medals, to be handed out at the ASTMH Annual Meeting awards ceremony, November 4-8, 2007.
To submit a nomination, send a letter of support with the nominee’s CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
by June 1, unless otherwise indicated.
- Bailey K. Ashford Medal. For distinguished work in tropical medicine. Customarily given to an individual in mid-career. Nomination deadline: June 1, 2007.
- Ben Kean Medal. To recognize a clinician or educator with outstanding dedication to clinical tropical medicine is in keeping with the tradition established by Dr. Kean. Nomination deadline: June 1, 2007.
- Harry Hoogstraal Medal. The ACME Executive Council requests nominations for the 2007 Hoogstraal Medal. The award, which honors the contributions of Harry Hoogstraal, is given to those who have demonstrated outstanding achievements and lifelong service in the field of medical entomology. Any living medical entomologist that is not currently serving on the ACME executive council is eligible for nomination. Nominators must submit the following supporting documents (1) a letter explaining why the nominee should be awarded the Hoogstraal medal and (2) a current curriculum vitae for the nominee. Nomination materials should be postmarked or received via e-mail no later than June 1, 2007. Self-nominations will not be accepted. Nominees not selected in previous years may be submitted again. The ACME executive council will review the nominations and select a recipient for the medal to be awarded at the 2007 ASTMH meeting. A list of previous Hoogstraal awardees can be found here. Nominations should be sent, preferably by e-mail, to Stephen Higgs (email@example.com), or mailed to S. Higgs, Department of Pathology, 2.138 Keiller Bldg, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, Texas 77555-0609.
- Donald MacKay Medal. For outstanding work in tropical health, especially relating to improvements in the health of rural or urban workers in the tropics. Preference is given to suitable medically qualified individuals. Nomination deadline: June 1, 2007.
- Scherer/Hardy Award. Presented to an outstanding graduate either before graduation or up to three years post-graduation. This award is administered by the American Committee on Arthropod-Borne Viruses (ACAV). Submit a letter of support and nominee’s CV to Scott Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Scott Weaver, University of Texas Medical Branch, Center for Tropical Diseases, Department of Pathology, Galveston, TX 77555-0609. Nomination deadline: August 1, 2007.
Back to Top
- opens a new window
© 2013, ASTMH. All rights reserved.