National Research Council Postdoctoral and Senior Research Awards
The National Research Council of the National Academies is seeking applications for competitive awards for postdoctoral and senior scientific research to be conducted in residence at participating U.S. government laboratories. Areas of study include infectious diseases, parasitology, epidemiology, malaria, enteric diseases, medical entomology, vaccine development and related disciplines. Participating laboratories are:
- Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), Silver Spring, MD
- Army Medical Research Unit, Nairobi, Kenya
- Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangkok, Thailand
- Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Ft. Detrick, MD
- Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD
- Naval Medical Research Institute Detachment, Lima, Peru
- Naval Medical Research Unit, Cairo, Egypt
- National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
Awardees design their own projects to be compatible with the overall interests of the sponsoring laboratory. Annual stipends for recent Ph.D. recipients range from $38,000 to $54,000 depending upon sponsoring laboratory and are appropriately higher for additional experience.
Annual application deadline dates are February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1. Detailed program information, including information on how to apply, can be found at www.national-academies.org/rap.
Questions should be directed to the NRC at 202-334-2760 or firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail).