American Committee of Molecular, Cellular and Immunoparasitology
The American Committee of Molecular, Cellular and Immunoparasitology
(ACMCIP) is organized under the auspices of the American Society of
Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH) and has the following objectives:
- To promote an organization that facilitates interactions among
scientists who work in the varied disciplines of parasitology,
especially in basic laboratory, pre-clinical and translational research,
clinician sciences and population-based sciences.
- To foster transfer of fundamental discoveries in basic research to
applications that improve human health and to promote learning basic
science aspects of parasitic diseases from humans afflicted with
- To sponsor symposia or workshops to promote advanced research in
- To facilitate recruitment and training in the most recent advances
in medical parasitology.
- To recognize outstanding contributions to parasitology.
- To coordinate interactions and activities with other organizations
and sponsored meetings to promote the objectives of ACMCIP.
2015! ACMCIP Travel Award for Low and
Low-Middle Income (LMIC) Trainees
The ACMCIP student
travel award will recognize a student or trainee who is primarily based
in a Low or Low-Middle Income Country (LMIC) and who submits an abstract
to the ASTMH Annual Meeting representing exciting and novel research in
the field of molecular, cellular and immunoparasitology. The goal is to
encourage LMIC trainees who are conducting basic parasitology research
and to provide funding for him/her to participate in the Annual
Meeting. Apply online.
MPM Talk Award Winners
Executive Council Membership
|Immediate Past President
|Councilor for Communications
|Councilor from Trainees
View the ASTMH Clinical